Thursday, November 16, 2006
posted by Grizzly Adam at 6:19 PM | Permalink |
Grey Days
Right now we are caught between fall and winter. There are signs of both seasons, but neither is dominating the other. A defining characteristic about this time is the grey, featureless days. The sun is a blur behind a shapeless mist.
Most of the local trails are gooey right now. One network that is still in good shape however is the Provo Canyon race course. There was once a thriving weekly series on this course, which has since been replaced by the Sundance/Soldier Hollow series. The races here were the first I ever did. Those were the races I met many of the people who are regular riding buddies now. The Gibson's and Gillespie's would turn 3 laps fast than I could do 2.
The races are long gone, but the trails remain a staple in my riding. They are a mix of tight turns, roller coaster ups and downs, long climbs and fast traverses. In fact, the course makes a great testing ground for new gear. It is where I go to test out new wheels, lights, components and even fitness. The race loop is an excellent off road TT route. So, while the races are gone, the trail remains a favorite. It is an "old standby", a route that despite riding countless times, never seems to get old.


Most of the local trails are gooey right now. One network that is still in good shape however is the Provo Canyon race course. There was once a thriving weekly series on this course, which has since been replaced by the Sundance/Soldier Hollow series. The races here were the first I ever did. Those were the races I met many of the people who are regular riding buddies now. The Gibson's and Gillespie's would turn 3 laps fast than I could do 2.
The races are long gone, but the trails remain a staple in my riding. They are a mix of tight turns, roller coaster ups and downs, long climbs and fast traverses. In fact, the course makes a great testing ground for new gear. It is where I go to test out new wheels, lights, components and even fitness. The race loop is an excellent off road TT route. So, while the races are gone, the trail remains a favorite. It is an "old standby", a route that despite riding countless times, never seems to get old.
















I know what you mean. Damn, it's been grey here for 7 days in a row with rain. Now it's cold and grey. Later.
j