Wednesday, August 24, 2005
posted by Grizzly Adam at 10:20 PM | Permalink |
Soldier Hollow Pre-Ride
So, we are cruising along the race course for the 24 Hours of Soldier Hollow and we come around a corner. What is waiting for us on the road? Yeah a freakin' COUGAR! This kind, not one of these It was taking its sweet time walking down the road, away from us thankfully. My first thought was, "is that thing gonna be sitting hungry in the trees when I am all alone on a lonely night lap?" So yeah, that got our blood flowing. Wish I had the camera with me, I've never actually seen one in the wild before.
Other than the man eating cat sighting, the course was pretty sweet. It is about 13 miles long, and consists of some nice moderate single track climbing, and then a hammer fest smooth dirt road climb, and then a somewhat sketchy double track descent. It is a course that fits my style, and I think I will be able to churn out a good number of laps. Let's just hope I don't end up like this!
Other than the man eating cat sighting, the course was pretty sweet. It is about 13 miles long, and consists of some nice moderate single track climbing, and then a hammer fest smooth dirt road climb, and then a somewhat sketchy double track descent. It is a course that fits my style, and I think I will be able to churn out a good number of laps. Let's just hope I don't end up like this!

3 Comments:
At 4:45 PM,
Give Me Some Attitute
Op-Eds :: Give Me Some Attitude Lively conversations about sports and politics thrive in blogs as well as on TV and call-in radio.
Hello, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a road to wealth wealth secret site. It pretty much covers road to wealth wealth secret related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)














Couger? Eesh. Bears and snakes are bad enough.
Nice blog. I'll link you up later.
J